DNA tests are performed primarily on peripheral blood or oral scrapings. You can request a self-harvesting kit for oral scraping at home if you can’t get to the lab. Alternatively, the tests can be performed on other types of biological samples. Accuracy – over 99%
About maternity testing
• Free worldwide shipping and sample collection
Please select your results delivery timeframe to determine the price.
What is a maternity test?
The maternity test is a genetic test that can determine the biological relationship between the presumed mother and the baby or fetus. Biological samples are needed from both the mother and the baby, from which DNA will be extracted, which will be subjected to a PCR-Multiplex reaction, the fragments being analyzed by capillary electrophoresis.
This type of testing might be necessary for situations such as:
– The need for legal confirmation of biological ties with the mother in the procedures of family reunification in case of immigration
– Finding the biological parents in the adoption cases or the children from the orphanages
– Identification of the mother in case of surrogacy or in vitro fertilization treatments, providing certainty that the fertilized eggs really belong to the mother
– In case of suspicion of accidental exchange of newborns in the maternity ward
– Identifying the mother in cases of child abduction.